Divi: the easiest WordPress theme to use
Divi: The best WordPress theme of all time!
With over 600.000 downloads, Divi is the most popular WordPress theme in the world. It is complete, easy to use and comes with more than 62 free templates. [Recommended]
While it is true that WordPress offers basic features to create a blog and now a business website with the new Twenty Seventeen, it remains that to stand out from the competition, but especially to provide a unique and user-friendly user experience, you must absolutely look for a WordPress theme tailored to your business.
We here on BlogPasCher are used to suggest themes here and there that are specialized on specific areas and these themes do it well. However, you may have a need that is not fulfilled by these themes, so it is there that become very important themes that have the ability to adapt to any niche. In this case, we talk about theme multipurpose And the one we've always been used to recommending and offering to most of our customers is Total.
I will not come back on the features of this theme, because it is true that it is good, but today, I will tell you about a serious candidate who is called " Divi ».
Divi is a Premium WordPress theme designed by the authors of Elegant Theme. It's also a framework, in that it can be used to create other themes, but this is not the part that should interest you.
The good thing about Divi is that:
- It's a multipurpose theme
- Who offers everything in one with a drag and drop (no need to visual compose)
- Optimized for SEO
- A responsive theme
- A theme that has a very large community
- A theme that has a lot of tutorial
- A theme constantly updated
- A theme compatible with MailChimp
This is really a good theme and it is not the video presentation that will tell you the opposite.
What will we do in this tutorial? Well, we will basically talk about Divi, how to appropriate it, the installation (presentation of the interface), the configuration and finally how you can create specific websites, we will take some random niches (I will make sure to cover most of your needs).
How to appropriate the Divi theme?
As I told you earlier, Divi is a theme designed by Elegant themes. To have it, you have to access their website and choose one of their formula.
Easily create your website with Elementor
Elementor allows you to easily create any website design with a professional look. Stop paying expensive for what you can do yourself. [Free]
Yes, I can imagine, it's not as affordable as that, but do not focus only on the price, but also on what you get for this price. What you need to know is that Elegant Theme offers much more than Divi, you have:
For the annual access plan
- Access to all themes
- Access to all plugins
- Free updates
- The ability to request a refund after 30 days
For the access plan for life
You have the same possibilities as the annual plan, but here everything is unlimited, but in addition it includes lifetime support and a lifetime cost.
If you want more information, go to their website.
Installation and first impressions
Once you have chosen a formula, you can, from your dashboard Elegant Theme, download Divi, all you will want to do is install. Read this tutorial, if you want to know how to install a WordPress theme.
The first thing I noticed after installing Divi, well it's to realize that it is in French (unlike his site).
Are you looking for the best WordPress themes and plugins?
Download the best plugins and WordPress themes on Envato and easily create your website. Already more than 49.720.000 downloads. [EXCLUSIVE]
You will see that it offers a link to the documentation, which is already a good thing in case you encounter problems. I admit that what was a bit disappointing is that the documentation is in English. But hey, it is quite detailed with videos, especially organized in section (modules), So you can easily see (visual) How various aspects of Divi.
Introducing the Divi interface
Back on the dashboard, it is now a question of understanding what Divi brings back. You will notice on your side menu a new menu called "Divi".
By clicking on the menu « Divi », You will access the interface of Divi or more precisely« theme options ". This interface will allow you to manage different aspect of the theme including keys (MailChimp, Google Analytics), but it's also a section that will also collect some default WordPress settings (like the number of articles per pages, the format of the date, and a CSS area).
You will also notice that this dashboard consists of several tabs. We will not detail everything here. We will come back to this when we discuss how to create a site with Divi for a specific niche. But I will still tell you what the other tabs are:
Links : This tab allows you to control the display of items on the menu, to determine how the menu appears for pages and categories.
models : This tab allows you to control the items that will appear in the info section of your articles and some of the article options. You also have the possibility to control some settings of the pages.
Pub : This is where you can control the ads on Divi.
Seo : I think this tab speaks for itself. All you need to optimize your blog for SEO will be here.
Integration : This section is reserved for the developer and will allow them to control the location where some elements will appear (tags, css, etc.).
Easily create your Online Store
Download free WooCommerce, the best e-commerce plugins to sell your physical and digital products on WordPress. [Recommended]
Update : Here you can set your license key to receive free updates.
This second menu will take you directly to the theme's customizer. We will not go into details. We will come back to this when we discuss the design of websites.
For starters, you will not need the other options in the Divi menu. That's all for this presentation of Divi. We will come back later on website design with Divi. If you have any questions, do not hesitate.
Other Divi tutorials
- 5 websites for restaurant use Divi theme
- How to add text on a Divi WooCommerce product
- How to change the menu color between Divi pages
- How to personalize the grids of a blog with Divi
- How to use the role Divi editor on WordPress
- How to create a full screen Divi slider
- How to change the color of menus between Divi pages
- Features you probably do not know about Divi
- How to use Divi Builder on WordPress
- How to use the Divi video scrolling module
- How to use the Divi Builder Flip module
- How to add a testimonial module on Divi Builder
- How to use the Divi text module
- How to create a slider on Divi
- How to edit a Divi user role
- How to use the Divi Social Media module
- How to use the shop module on the theme WordPress Divi
- How to use the Divi sidebar module
- How to use the Divi Price Table Module
- How to use the title module of Divi publications
- How to add a video module of Divi
- How to use the article navigation module
- How to use the Divi search module
- How to use the Divi wallet module
- How to use the person module on Divi Builder
- How to use the wallet module with Divi filter
- How to use the full width slider module
- How to use the Divi Builder Image Module
- How to use the full-width navigation module of Divi Builder
- How to use the image gallery module
- How to use the Divi Builder Full-Width Card Module
- How to use the Divi Full Width Portfolio Module
- How to use the Divi full-width header module
- How to use the Divi Counter Module
- How to use the articles slider on Divi Builder
- How to use the Divi Email Optin module