Divi: the easiest WordPress theme to use
Divi: The best WordPress theme of all time!
With over 901.000 downloads, Divi is the most popular WordPress theme in the world. It is complete, easy to use and comes with more than 62 free templates. [Recommended]
Adding videos to your page in Divi is simple when you use the Video module. This module allows you to embed videos from any source, but also to customize the thumbnail image and the play button.
How to add a video module to your page
Before you can add a video module to your page, you must first jump into Divi Builder. Once the Divi theme is installed on your website, you will notice a button Use Divi Builder above the post editor whenever you create a new page. Click on this button to activate Divi Builder and access all the Divi Builder modules. Then click on the button Use Visual Builder to start the generator in visual mode. You can also click the button Use Visual Builder when you browse your website in the foreground if you are connected to your WordPress dashboard.
Once you have entered Visual Builder, you can click the gray plus button to add a new module to your page. New modules can only be added inside rows. If you are starting a new page, remember to add a row to your page first.
Locate the video mod in the list of mods and click on it to add it to your page. The list of mods is searchable, which means you can also type in the word "video" and then click enter to automatically find and add the video mod! Once the module is added, you will be greeted by the module options list. These options are separated into three main groups: Contents , Design et Advanced .
Use case example: Adding a video to your landing page
Adding a video to your landing page is a great way to promote your products and increase conversions. In this example, I'll show you how you can use the video mod to add video to your landing page. I put a red circle where the video should go.
Using Visual Builder, I add a new section with a fullwidth row (1 column). In the row settings, under the Design tab, I select the option "Use custom width". For the Custom Width option that appears, I enter a custom width of 767px. This makes sure that the video module I'm going to add in this row doesn't exceed this width and gets too big on larger screen sizes.
Easily create your website with Elementor
Elementor allows you to easily create any website design with a professional look. Stop paying expensive for what you can do yourself. [Free]
Then I add the video module to the row. Under the Content tab of the Video Module setting, I enter the video URL of the video I want to embed on my landing page. I am using the URL of a YouTube video for this example.
Then I add an image overlay url for my video by clicking the "Generate Video" button. This automatically pulls a frame from the video to serve as an overlay with a new custom video icon.
Under the Design tab, I change the color of the play icon to match my landing page.
Now I have a video for my landing page that looks clean and matches my design.
Now that you've seen the video mod in action, dive into all of its settings in the sections below. We've provided a detailed look at what you'll find in each tab of the module's settings and an explanation of what each does.
URL of the video
The Divi Video module allows you to add video using two different methods. You can download your own video file from your computer by clicking on the “Download Video” button and selecting the desired file, or you can enter any video url from third party video source such as Youtube or Vimeo. Just copy and paste the URL from your browser and paste it into the Video URL field and Divi will take care of the rest!
Image overlay url
If you want to set a custom video thumbnail image, which will be placed on the standard video interface with a custom play button to create a sharper and more stylized appearance, you can choose to do so using the Image Overlay field. This control allows you either to upload your own personalized image, or to automatically let Divi generate one from the URL of your video. Most video providers support this option, like Youtube and Vimeo. Simply click on the “Generate video” button and let Divi take care of the rest!
By default, your video module will appear with a 'Video' label in the generator. Admin tag allows you to change this tag for easy identification.
change icon color
If you designate an image overlay for your video pod, the displayed video contains a play icon on the video. You can designate the color of this icon here to match the colors on your page.
CSS identifier and classes
This can be used to add a CSS ID or a class to your module. These can then be used in your stylesheet or in the Theme Options Custom CSS box to apply a custom style to the module. CSS IDs can also be targeted with anchor links to link to certain areas of your page.
Here you can add custom CSS to your video module.
If you want to hide your video module on some devices, you can select the devices on which you want to disable the video module.
Other Divi tutorials
- 5 websites for restaurant use Divi theme
- How to add text on a Divi WooCommerce product
- How to change the menu color between Divi pages
- How to personalize the grids of a blog with Divi
- How to use the role Divi editor on WordPress
- How to create a full screen Divi slider
- How to change the color of menus between Divi pages
- Features you probably do not know about Divi
- How to use Divi Builder on WordPress
- How to use the Divi video scrolling module
- How to use the Divi Builder Flip module
- How to add a testimonial module on Divi Builder
- How to use the Divi text module
- How to create a slider on Divi
- How to edit a Divi user role
- How to use the Divi Social Media module
- How to use the shop module on the theme WordPress Divi
- How to use the Divi sidebar module
- How to use the Divi Price Table Module
- How to use the title module of Divi publications
- How to add a video module of Divi
- How to use the article navigation module
- How to use the Divi search module
- How to use the Divi wallet module
- How to use the person module on Divi Builder
- How to use the wallet module with Divi filter
- How to use the full width slider module
- How to use the Divi Builder Image Module
- How to use the full-width navigation module of Divi Builder
- How to use the image gallery module
- How to use the Divi Builder Full-Width Card Module
- How to use the Divi Full Width Portfolio Module
- How to use the Divi full-width header module
- How to use the Divi Counter Module
- How to use the articles slider on Divi Builder
- How to use the Divi Email Optin module