How to change the avatar (profile picture) of your blog?
By default on WordPress, it is not possible to add a custom avatar.
The avatars used on WordPress can be various, but by default, those of Gravatar are used. This is precisely what requires avatars to be sent and associated directly with email addresses on the official Gravatar website.
Yet did you know that there is an easier way to add avatars to your WordPress blog? This is what I will show you in this tutorial.
But, if you've never installed WordPress discover How to Install a WordPress Blog in 7 Steps et How to search, install and activate a WordPress theme on your blog
But back to why we are here.
After installing and activating the extension, a new menu " Avatars Will be added to your dashboard.
Clicking on it will take you to the plugin settings page. On this page you will be able to:
- Show avatar button on visual editor to insert the avatars of your users into your articles.
- Allow contributors and subscribers to send their avatars
- Disable Gravatars to prioritize available avatars.
- No need to tell you that it is almost essential to leave the option " Show avatars Available.
You can also customize the visibility of the avatars and configure the default avatars. The plugin even allows you to send an image that will be displayed, if the one available by default does not suit you.
This WordPress plugin also adds an available field on the profile page to select an image.
You will now be able to notice that on the user bar, the avatars have indeed changed.
Discover also some themes and premium WordPress plugins
You can use other WordPress plugins to give a modern appearance and to optimize the handling of your blog or website.
We offer you here some premium WordPress plugins that will help you do that.
1. WordPress Speed Optimization Plugin
Are you struggling to manage multiple website speed optimization plugins? Are you worried that they are hampering the execution speed of your website? then, this WordPress plugin will be the ultimate solution for all your worries.
This plugin is designed to give you almost 6 to 8 features WordPress plugins different. Just install and configure it to see a marked improvement in the loading of your pages.
We would like to point out that this is not a cache plugin or CDN, but the result it offers is nevertheless impressive. Do not hesitate to try this WordPress plugin to see what it is capable of.
2. Social Share & Locker Pro
The Social Share & Locker Pro extension has been designed to help your website be more visible on social networks. With just a few clicks, you can either set the position of your social icons or lock your content by requiring sharing on one of the social networks offered by you.
You have 10 predefined themes and this should cover the most common wishes. All her themes are Retina and work wonders.
Also, with Social Share & Locker Pro, you will be able to display the full name of social networks or just the icon. It will depend on your design, the available space, or your wishes.
3. WordPress PDF Images Lightbox
WordPress PDF Lightbox is a WordPress extension which allows you to create viewers of PDF files. A PDF viewer is a collection of photos that can be saved as PDFs.
With this extension, you can create as many PDF viewers as you want. For each viewer, the administrator can set some options like:
- The cover image: which will be added as the first page of the user-created PDF
- Maximum images per viewer
- A watermark image: to be applied on PDF pages
- Sending by email: if this feature is activated, a Contact form will be offered just after the image gallery. Through this form, users will be able to email the created PDF to anyone.
Find out about other recommended resources to help you build and manage your website.
- 10 WordPress Themes to Create a Photography Agency Website
- How to use an SMTP server to send emails on WordPress
- How to fix the login error with the WordPress database
- How to properly uninstall a WordPress plugin
Here ! That's it for this tutorial on modifying a profile picture (avatar) on WordPress. Do not hesitate to share with your friends on your favorite social networks.
And if you have any suggestions or remarks, leave them in our section Comments.