Divi: the easiest WordPress theme to use
Divi: The best WordPress theme of all time!
With over 901.000 downloads, Divi is the most popular WordPress theme in the world. It is complete, easy to use and comes with more than 62 free templates. [Recommended]
How to integrate Google forms on WordPress?
There are an impressive number of plugins available that allow you to add different types of forms to your blog., whether it is Contact forms to survey forms through premium forms with customizable fields.
But before you download the latest WordPress plugin for creating trendy forms, you may need to consider using Google Forms.
But before, if you have never installed WordPress discover How to Install a WordPress Blog in 7 Steps et How to search, install and activate a WordPress theme on your blog
Then back to why we are here.
Google Forms overview
If you don't have Google Drive yet, you can set it up in no time. But if it is already the case, connect to "My Drive".
Have Google Forms you can:
- Create surveys, questionnaires, quiz
- Format your custom fields, paragraphs, checkboxes
- Collect email addresses for the newsletter
- Use the interface " Drag and Drop To order the questions
- Add images and Youtube videos
- Select a theme
- Collaborate with other Google Forms users
- and more…
Sharing a form's link is pretty straightforward, but did you know that you can add that form to your WordPress blog?
The quickest solution is to use the feature integration, which can be done by clicking on " File At the top of the menu, where you edit your Google form. Then click on " To integrate«
You will see a new window with the code to embed on your blog.
The problem with the code to integrate is that you will not be able to modify its style (the one with the colors of Google), and therefore it is very possible that it does not adapt to the style of your WordPress theme.
Fortunately, there is a plugin that helps to correct the concern.
Presentation of the Google Forms plugin for WordPress
Easily create your website with Elementor
Elementor allows you to easily create any website design with a professional look. Stop paying expensive for what you can do yourself. [Free]
It also offers several options for better integration and customization compared to the integration of an HTML code.
Here is how you can start using it.
Using the Google Forms plugin to add Google forms to WordPress
Once you have installed and activated the plugin, you will notice a new menu available on your dashboard. When your mouse hovers over the menu, the submenus will be displayed.
The tab « Google Forms Allows you to see all your forms (it is identical to the list of WordPress articles or pages), so you can apply aggregate actions on the forms (editing, deleting).
If you don't have a form yet, this table will be empty. Click on " Add New Google Form "(Create a new Google form), to create a new form, and provide a title, and fill in the fields.
The Google Forms plugin doesn't let you create forms, so if you haven't already, go to Google Forms, to create your form. Once you have created your form, add its address to the first "Form url" field. To get this URL, go back to Google Forms and click " Send form" page (in French).
Copy the address on the share link and add it to the " Form URL«
Then you can add a confirmation URL. Since the default confirmation page is quite basic, and cannot be integrated into your WordPress blog, it is strongly encouraged that you complete this field.
For the field Custom Confirmation Page Style", You can specify how it will be displayed by selecting "Redirect" ou "AJAX". Keep in mind that if you leave the default value "None", then "Redirect" (For redirection), will be selected by default. These are the 3 default fields that you can configure on your blog.
Go further with redirects by consulting How to make a redirection on your WordPress blog
Then let's go back to our form
How to fill in additional Google Forms fields
There are several fields below the option " Form URL "And" Confirm URL“, But you will have to configure them all. Let's explore together what they can do for you
Are you looking for the best WordPress themes and plugins?
Download the best plugins and WordPress themes on Envato and easily create your website. Already more than 49.720.000 downloads. [EXCLUSIVE]
- Class: if you want to add more customization, you can use attribute "Class" to apply a specific style.
- E-mail: The administrator will be able to receive an email when a form is submitted.
- Send To: If the previous option is filled, in this field you can specify the name of the author of the email (your blog in this case).
- Form CSS: this field allows you to enter a custom CSS code to make fields more extensible. Look at the appearance of your forms on your blog.
- Form Caching : allows you to save form data temporarily in the cache
- Google Form Field Validation: This feature is disabled by default. It allows you to add a validation using the jQuery Validate plugin, which will allow you for example to make all the fields mandatory.
- Google form Hidden Fields: If you have hidden fields on your form that you want to configure, you can do so in this box, which is also disabled by default. You will need the name of the field (the name attribute), from the Google form. Value, Url, and Timestamp are types that can be used with the optional field value.
- Google Form Field Placeholder: If you used a placeholder on your fields, this option allows you to set the displayed value.
How to configure the Google Form plugin
We are not yet completely finished. While there are optional fields, you can configure more settings to make the form work the way you want by looking for the Google Form options located on the right column of all of the fields that were mentioned above.
- Captcha: Enables you to boost security by moving away from spams.
- Columns: Google Forms display in a column by default. With this feature, you can separate form fields into two or more columns. You can also specify the order of a column by choosing “Left-to-Right” or “Right-to-Left”.
- Email End User: By activating this feature, you will be able to send emails to users of this form.
- Legal: Google form uses the term “Powered by Google Docs”, an option that can be disabled.
- Read Only: If you want to disable the modification of a form.
- BR: Allows you to add a new line on the form and on each field.
- CSS Prefix: By adding this prefix, you will be able to avoid conflicts with CSS customization.
- CSS Suffix: allows you to add a suffix after each label.
- title: If you don't want the title of your Google Form to appear, you can turn this option off.
How to publish your Google form on WordPress
Now that you have a new form configured, you can save or publish it. To preview the form, all you have to do is click on the " View Google Form" page (in French).
You can also use the shortcode the form by visiting the list of created forms.
Discover also some themes and premium WordPress plugins
You can use other WordPress plugins to give a modern look and optimize the grip of your blog or website.
We offer you here some premium WordPress plugins that will help you do that.
1. YIT Testimonials Showcase for WordPress
YIT Testimonials Showcase is the best-made and most up-to-date WordPress plugin for posting testimonials and user reviews. It comes 150 unique styles that are fully coded in HTML5 and simply customizable. All you have to do is create the shortcode of the element to display, select the desired options, choose a WordPress theme and select one of the predefined color schemes, and the turn will be played.
This WordPress plugin is ideal for displaying and managing your testimonials as a responsive grid or as a dynamic slider.
2. WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart
Your customers often fill their baskets and leave them: thanks to WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart you will be able to contact them, remind them of what they have purchased and invite them to complete their actions.
Set the time interval between when a cart is abandoned and when a personalized reminder email is sent to your customer containing a direct link to the purchases page for them to see what they were on point to buy.
3. Paypal Addon for Arforms
This plugin allows you in 5 minutes to accept PayPal payments on your website. This is a very simple solution for users who want to sell products quickly on the internet, or receive donations / contributions on a website.
Paypal Addon is perfectly compatible with the plugin ARForms. The latter allows you in particular to create forms, before configuring them with PayPal. Users will be redirected to PayPal after submission of the form.
Easily create your Online Store
Download free WooCommerce, the best e-commerce plugins to sell your physical and digital products on WordPress. [Recommended]
Find out about other recommended resources to help you build and manage your website.
- How to create GDPR compliant forms on WordPress
- What if your WordPress blog is hacked?
- How to install WordPress on Google Cloud
- How to add a navigation menu to a WordPress page
Here is ! That's it for this tutorial. We hope that the latter will allow you to easily integrate Google Forms on your WordPress website or blog. Si liked you, feel free to share with your friends on your favorite social networks.
But, in the meantime, tell us about your Comments and suggestions in the dedicated section.