Divi: the easiest WordPress theme to use
Divi: The best WordPress theme of all time!
With over 701.000 downloads, Divi is the most popular WordPress theme in the world. It is complete, easy to use and comes with more than 62 free templates. [Recommended]
In one previous Article, we saw comment automatically install a plugin via the WordPress dashboard. In this article, we will see the other method of installing a WordPress plugin; that is to say the manual method.
The principle of this method is simple, you download your plugin directly to your computer and then transfer it to your website / blog via an FTP client (In our tutorial we will use FileZilla). For details, we'll see them right away ...
- The first thing to do is to find the plugin you want to install. It makes sense you would tell me! To do this, a little Google search with the expression "Wordpress plugins" lead us to the site WordPress.org :
Easily create your website with Elementor
Elementor allows you to easily create any website design with a professional look. Stop paying expensive for what you can do yourself. [Free]
- Search in the right column among the most popular plugins "Most Popular", or if you know the name of your plugin type it in the search box. You can also do your search in the left column by the keyword "Popular Tags".
- Suppose I want to find a plugin that makes me display my most popular blog posts in my sidebar. My choice therefore fell on the plugin "WP Most Popular". To download my plugin, I click on the big red button:
Are you looking for the best WordPress themes and plugins?
Download the best plugins and WordPress themes on Envato and easily create your website. Already more than 49.720.000 downloads. [EXCLUSIVE]
- You will notice that the downloaded plugin is compressed. Unzip it using any unzip software.
- Now open your FTP software (FileZilla for example) and connect to your account. Go to the directory "Plugins" by following the following path: / www / wp-content / plugins.
- Once in the repertoire "Plugins" make a Drag & Drop to transfer your plugin there. In my case it will be as follows:
- Once the transfer is complete, go to your WordPress dashboard and more precisely in the part "Extensions". You should find your plugin there, activate it if you haven't already:
Easily create your Online Store
Download free WooCommerce, the best e-commerce plugins to sell your physical and digital products on WordPress. [Recommended]
Congratulations, you come to install your plugin manually. It wasn't that hard as it seems, was it? One last tip, avoid installing too many plugins, you risk slowing down your blog. So, know how to choose them.