Divi: The best WordPress theme of all time!
With over 901.000 downloads, Divi is the most popular WordPress theme in the world. It is complete, easy to use and comes with more than 62 free templates.
PayPal scams: how to recognize them? Find out by browsing this article.
Today I would just like to share a little secret with you. I would like to teach you how to recognize a fake Paypal message. Before going any further, here is the kind of message you might receive from some hackers on the internet ...
I received it once again this morning and thought I would write an article to share some tips and tricks that will definitely save you from falling victim to these kinds of scams.
But before, if you have never installed WordPress discover How to Install a WordPress Blog in 7 Steps et How to search, install and activate a WordPress theme on your blog
Then back to why we are here.
Object of the message: Access to your Paypal account has been restricted!
The message itself
Why is access to my account restricted?
As part of our security measures, We regularly check PayPal screen activity.
Access to your account has been restricted for the following reason (s):
Easily create your website with Elementor
Elementor lets you create Easily and Free any website or blog design with a professional look. Stop paying a lot for a website you can do yourself.
We have determined that someone may have attempted to access your PayPal account without your permission. For your protection, we have restricted access to your account. To remove this restriction, log into your PayPal account and follow the procedure in the Dispute Manager.
This is the last reminder to log into PayPal, as soon as possible. Once you are logged in, PayPal will provide you with steps to restore access to your account.
The procedure is very simple:
1. Click the link below to open a secure browser window.
2. Confirm that you are the account holder and follow the instructions.
Access Your Account
Do you want to sell your products on the internet?
Download WooCommerce for free, the best e-commerce plugins to sell your physical and digital products on WordPress and easily create your online store. Perfect for beginners.
I broke all the links in this message for fear of misleading you in turn.
When you see this kind of message, you panic right away. And directly, the brain prepares to find a solution to the problem that we are discovering and that is precisely what these hackers or scammers want:
CREATE PANIC !!!
How to avoid being the victim of this kind of Paypal scam?
1. Check for spelling and grammar mistakes - In general, these messages contain a lot of mistakes. But as you can see, it's not just us who evolve, the pirates too! On the message above, there is none! Which leads us to the second tip.
2. Place your mouse on the link that invites you to connect to your Paypal account and look at the bottom of your browser ...
There is a 99,99% chance that this link will not take you to Paypal. And even if you see the Paypal address displayed, check that it has a "s " at "http ».
Instead of appearing like this: http://www.paypal.com/fr it should look like this: https://www.paypal.com/fr at the time of entering your identifiers.
In fact, if you click on this message you will certainly be redirected to another website and all your information will simply be copied ... I let you imagine what will happen not only to the money in your Paypal account, but also to the one in your bank account ...
In this message they went a long way in their technique. Not only are there no spelling mistakes, but they have also added the Paypal signature which includes this famous "s In the message. Which leads us to tip number 3 ...
3. Do not click on any link in the mail! Open a new tab or window in your web browser (Firefox - Internet explorer - Google Chrome - etc ...), then log into your Paypal account and if you don't see any account restriction message (which should be the case), then it is simply a scam.
Log out of your Paypal account and delete the message. Then, take care of transferring the email to Paypal to help it fight this scourge ...
For go further in monetizing your blog or your website, we also recommend reading articles following:
- How to build your success in the world of blogging?
- Monetization: How to double your income on the internet this year
- Blogging: How to overcome the impostor's syndrome
- How Little Blogs Have Become 6 Revenue Generators
No human work is perfect, do not forget to make your contribution by leaving a comment below and also in sharing it on your social networks preferred.